HOME | ABOUT KATHLEEN | SERVICES | PROJECT SAMPLER | ABOUT BOOK | FAQ | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT
ServicesKeynotes and Workshops
Consultation to Individuals
Multi-year Consultation to Groups
SCHOLARLY DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP SERIES
Consultations to Faculty Groups
"I love how these two workshops got everyone talking and collaborating on scholarly projects."Faculty Participant, Sacred Heart University
"This first workshop re-inspired me for scholarly work at the perfect time. It gave me a goal to meet, a deadline for making progress with my scholarly product, and made me aware of what other faculty were doing. During the second workshop, I got to see how the ideas of some flourished and heard about others who had pitfalls. It's a great idea to share about our research and partnerships." Faculty Participant, Rhode Island CollegeWhat is a Scholarly Development Workshop Series? To boost your faculty group's scholarly productivity, a 2-3 workshop series is a great way to start. These sequenced sessions are customized to give participants the support, skills and self-confidence to turn their everyday activities into scholarship. In the first workshop, participants get hands-on experience with best scholarly practices and identify a scholarly goal. Between sessions, colleague-partners support each other's efforts. In later workshops, self-reports document progress and new best practices are introduced to maximize participants' scholarly gains.What can a Scholarly Development Workshop Series do for faculty participants?
Evaluation feedback confirms that workshop series sessions:
- Advantage participants with a repertoire of best scholarly practices
- Accelerate progress on their scholarly projects
- Expand their circle of scholarly support to include colleague-partners.How does a Series allow administrators to measure return on investment ?
Three outcomes from sequenced sessions are measures of return on investment:
- Participants' self-report of progress made on scholarly projects
- Increased number of scholarly collaborations
- Increased number of scholarly productsHow does K T H Consulting customize sequenced sessions to fit a faculty group?
There's only one way: I get guidance from an informed insider(s) with their finger on the scholarly pulse of their faculty group. Liaisons may be a leader, a faculty colleague, or a faculty committee. Liaisons are actively engaged in all phases of the consultation from exploration to implementation to assessment:
- Exploration Phase: Liaisons answer 2 questions during the gap assessment: Where is your faculty group now? Where do you want them to be?
- Implementation Phase: Gaps translate into a design for each session in the series. The design of each session is finalized with input from liaison(s).
- Evaluation Phase: Formative evaluation feedback from each workshop is shared with liaison(s) to inform the design of subsequent sessions. A final report with summative findings and recommendations is submitted to stakeholders and reviewed by phone upon request.